Here is what you need:
*Paper Lunch Bag
*2 Pieces of Patterned Paper
*Small Square of Velcro
1. Cut the top off your bag so that it is 6" tall. Mine is 5" wide...check yours and adjust the measurements I give here!
2. Cut the pp you want for the front of your bag to 5" (width) x 6".
Cut your other pp to 5" (width) x 8.5". This will be the back and front flap of the bag.
Cut a 5' (width) x 2.5" piece for under the front flap to hide the pleats.
3. Now you are going to fold the bottom flap of the lunch bag down. Like this:
4. Glue the front onto your bag...this goes on the side without the flap. You want to line up the bottom edge with the bottom edge of the bag...you can always trim at the top if you need to.
5. Grab your piece of pp that is the back and score (or fold) it at 6".
6.Take your Lil' Stem and pleat it. I glue mine as I go to hold it all in place. This doesn't have to be perfect (as you can see!).
7. Glue this pleated strip to the underside of the flap...this is the piece that you scored.
8. Now glue the 2.5" piece to sandwich the canvas in between the 2 pieces of paper.
9. Add a piece of velcro on the flap to hold it down. Your bag is finished unless you want to add some decorations! I added a few different sizes of Lil' Blooms. I chose to leave all my canvas natural but you could also mist them for some color!
Here are a couple shots of the finished bag: