Thursday, January 7, 2010

Something New #1.....1/1-1/7

In an attempt to get out of many ruts I seem to have fallen into in my life (same 10 dinners, layouts that look the same, same style of clothes, same stores, etc) I have decided to try something new each week and record it here on my blog! I hope that documenting it here will keep me doing it and by the end of 2010 I can look back at the 52 things I tried!


Chex Muddy Buddies:
This is from the back of a box of Rice Chex. We had some friends coming over to watch the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day and I needed a quick little snack! This fit the bill and I had all the ingredients on hand! I loved it! It feels a bit holidayish to me so it probably won't be something I make a lot but I look forward to it next Christmas! :)

9 Cups Corn, Rice, or Wheat Chex (or a mix...I used rice and corn)
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar

1. Measure cereal into large bol and set aside.
2. In microwavable bowl, microwave chips, peanut butter and butter on hig for 1 minute, stir. Microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon ziploc bag. (I can't find these so I just used 2 1-gallon bags and split the mix!)
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag and shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight conteainer in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great idea Lynn! Those are so yummy!! Haven't had them in years.

Heather Lough said...

We call it Muddy Buddies, and I love that. Choc. and pb is da bomb.