Friday, March 23, 2012

Inspired by A Sweethaven Summer

I have been in a creative funk for the last couple months...add to that shoulder tendinitis and then a bout of pneumonia and you have zero layouts!  I was able to get my book done that I was teaching at CKC and was able to teach the class with only a few coughing fits thrown in!

Now that I feel much better, I wanted to do a layout using some of the stuff I bought at CKC!  I found this contest, Inspired by A Sweethaven Summer and knew exactly the pictures I wanted to use!  This is a book by Courtney Walsh and it looks wonderful...combining 2 of my favorite things reading and scrapbooking!  Doesn't get better than that!
On Courtney Walsh's site, she is having a contest to be inspired by the book or some layouts that some friends of hers had done and make your own layout! She said to choose one of the layouts for inspiration but I couldn't pick just one!  Here is mine and below it is my inspiration!  I can't wait to get my hands on this book!
 My layout is about taking the kids to the same beach that I grew up going to and how that brings back my summer memories!

I liked the color palette from this layout by Vicki Boutin.

From Anabelle O'Malley, I got the idea to use black and white photos and the little camera!


I absolutely loved all the punched borders on Lisa VanderVeen's layout, and although I don't think I did it quite as well as she did, I used that idea too!  I also decided to make my layout a double like her.

Greta Hammond's layout about Vacation Memories was my inspiration about what to scrap!
 

No comments: