Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crowned

I haven't participated in any contests or challenges in quite awhile but this one at Scrapdango looked so fun, I couldn't resist. It is called the crowned pageant. This is the first challenge and it was to use at least 2 different kinds of bling on the layout. I used black bling cardstock, Kaiser rhinestones, Heidi Grace glitter patterned paper, and stickles. I also challenged myself to not use papers all from one line! So all three pp's are from different companies (scenic route, october afternoon, and Heidi Grace). Sometimes it is so easy to just grab a few papers from the same line that I think you can get stuck in a rut doing that. Here is my bling layout!
I also finished a card tonight with my Feb kit from A Walk Down Memory Lane using this week's sketch from 2 sketches 4 you. I haven't played along with that site since September! Guess I was needing a jumpstart! Just waiting for the sun to come up to get a good picture so I'll have it here tomorrow!

1 comment:

dsarahs said...

Lynn,
I love that you didn't use traditional christmas colors for this layout. The result is fresh, eyecatching and fun! I also looove the use of black and white photos, you are one creative chick!
Sarah