Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teacher Gifts


As I mentioned in the previous post, the dt at Punky Sprouts got to work with Pink Paislee this month.  I received the Indigo Bleu and Prairie Hill lines.  I am saving the Prairie Hill line for a mini album in June.  With the end of the year coming up I knew I needed some gifts and this Indigo Bleu line was the perfect combination!  I wasn't sure what I wanted to make so I went to my stash of alterable stuff (Yes, I have a stash!) and found some big clothespins and some regular clothespins.  I had given the preschool teachers the large clothespins 4 years ago when my son was in preschool so I decided to make them some clothespin magnets and make the large one for his 2nd grade teacher along with some matching magnets.
For the large clothespin I mod podged the papers on and then tied a Denim Lil' Stem around it to give it some texture.  I also mod podged over the top to keep it from peeling.
The little clothespins have the paper mod podged on and then I embellished just a few with the Indigo Bleu die cuts and some Lil' Twiney.
For the cards I decided to keep it simple with the same design for all 3 teachers.  To make them just a little different, I made 3 different flowers using a Denim Stem, small Parchment Blossoms and medium Parchment Blossoms.  
Hope you are inspired to make something for someone in your life today! :)

Punky Sprouts Products: Lil' DenimTwiney, Lil' Denim Stem, Small Parchment Blossom, Medium Parchment Blossom
Pink Paislee Products: Indigo Bleu: patterned paper, die cuts, alpha stickers
Other Products, large clothespin, clothespins, Mod Podge


No comments: