Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fifth Farm Field Trip

Erin ended her preschool career about a week ago!  One of the last things they did was this farm field trip.  It was my 5th field trip there!  4 times with the preschool and Isaac went to the same farm in 1st grade!  I could be a tour guide! :)


At Punky Sprouts this month, our assignment was to use our new denim embellishments.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much I like jeans so these are right up my alley! :)

The Tutu Punk has corrugated covers and sandwiched between are scalloped chipboard pages and wet media paper pages.  It gives a great layered look.

I decided to use 2 different masks throughout my book...the chickenwire one is from Crafter's Workshop and the circle one is Studio Calico.  All 3 types of pages took the Lindy's mist fabulously!  Loved getting all messy! I cut 2 of the Lil' Petals into smaller pieces for the title.

Once I had sprayed the mists using the masks, I realized I didn't need to add much paper there was already such great color and pattern.  The Lindy's sprays are very vibrant!

Here I used a Lil' Petal and one I cut to make a little embellishment.  I flipped the smaller one over for some contrast.  I also used the Lil' Twiney to stitch some x's at the top.  The lollipop flower is layered Lil' Blossoms, paper and denim.  For the denim circle, I cut it from the wide Lil' Stem.




These next couple pages really show the vibrance of the Lindy's sprays.  There is just no way to go wrong with these! 




There is nothing wrong with your eyes...that picture is blurry!  As the sheep turned to my daughter, she backed up quickly with a surprised look on her face and I snapped a picture.  Even though it is blurry, it is one of my favorite pictures in the book!  The Lil' Petals that say Baa are the regular size.


On this page I took one of the skinnier Lil' Stems and pleated it.  This is a simple way to add a lot of texture to a page.



The Lil' Lacey Blossoms take the Lindy's Spray great too!  Love a colored doily! :) 

Punky Sprouts Supplies: Tutu Punk, Lil' Petals (denim), Lil' Stems (denim), Lil' Twiney (denim and kraft), Lil' Seeds, Lil' Blossoms, Lil' Lacey Blossoms

Lindy's Sprays: Red Hot Poker Orange, Cattail Copper Brown, Cajun Carnelian Red

Other Supplies: Paper (Pink Paislee), Epoxy Stickers (Pink Paislee), Grungeboard Letters (Tim Holtz), Paint (Kaisercraft), Sea Monkey Spray (Shimmerz), Masks (Crafter's Workshop and Studio Calico), Letter Stickers (Paper Trunk and Jillibean Soup)

No comments: