Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crayon Rolls

I made these last night for our vacation! I got the tutorial here. The tutorial was well written and really easy to follow even for a novice sewer like me! A couple things I would change...not sure if I would use the iron-on vinyl. As she says in the tutorial it makes the crayons slide out a little easier and to be honest, I'm not sure I would care too much if the material got marked up! She has another tutorial here for one NOT using the vinyl! Also...I would probably not add the ric rac. But that is more because of my sewing abilities (or lack thereof!) than the tutorial or how it looks! I just didn't get it pinned right on either one. So on Isaac's there isn't enough showing and then on Erin's it is too much! But I LOVE the toggle on the cord! All the other tutorials I found used a tie closure and I knew that my kids can't do that! Isaac can do this all on his own! Which is great since he'll be in the backseat and he can help Erin with hers! All in all a very successful sewing project for me! :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

these r crazy cute miss lynn.

love this idea....

missed u at church tonight. tell tad he was up there with the edge for sure this service! ;)

Meg

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and cheerful project!

Erica Hettwer said...

Those are really cute! I love that elephant fabric! :D

Allison said...

These are so cool Lynn! Cute AND practical - you've got to love that. I'm hoping that I will get sick of paper for a brief period so that I can make friends with my sewing machine again. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer Davis said...

I just love these Lynn! =)